Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Health

Health is coming to Dunedin!  They're playing at the University of Otago Union Hall on the 21st of February, supported by brains and TFF.

The recently uploaded this awesome home made video for their Australasian tour entitled "AUSTRALIA :: NEW ZEALAND :: HEALTH IS NOT AFRAID OF YOU"


I love home made clips.  My friends and I mucked around with infomercials for knife sets and exercise machines; how we ever made it stretch out for fourty five minutes I'll never know.  We did learn from the best having watched years Suzanne Paul and that Mick Hastie guy who used to do the Tefal adds and now works his magic for the Magic Bullet. 


 

(Massive Geek tangent warning)  Health's use of samurai type swords reminded me of the mammoth task myself and two friends nobly broached of recreating the entire 'Lord of the Rings' epic one term holiday.  From Anna's room (and her parents linen cupboard, much to their horror I'm sure) we created 'Tunics to go go', churning out tunic after tunic, cloaks, fake cotton wool beards, tinfoil swords and even hairy hobbit feet.  We were so pro we had the soundtrack on discman (fifteen second antishock and all), the earbuds of which we would put up to our handy cam's tiny microphone to truly set the scene. 








nb. I'd love to see the day where people start wearing discman's on chains as necklaces.  I can just hear the one ups now...
"Mines a Sanyo x300 with base boost"  
"Yeah?  Well mines a Sony D-121.  MEGA Bass and TEN playback modes. AND it can play MP3 cds"




"Oh man.  Owned."

2 comments:

Nat said...

god u guys were crazy i remember that whole lord of the rings phase nuts the whole lot of u although i remember with fond memories about your famous infomercials involving knives

Y said...

Haha! We were definitely obsessed. Don't judge me as a creepy stalker but . . . I even made A4 photo montages of Legolas, surely you remember those Nat.